The lovely Raya at Midnight Coffee Monster has bestowed upon me The Versatile Blogger Award. If you like books, you’ll like Ms Bibliophile over at MCM, so I suggest you mosey over for a nosey.
Now, apparently there are rules to this here versatility award:
- If you’re nominated, you’ve been awarded The Versatile Blogger Award.
- Thank the person who gave you this award. Include a link to their blog.
- Next select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
So, firstly, thank-you, Raya. I’ve been meaning to set up a blog for years but, due to a huge case of writer’s block, it’s taken me, ooh…my life so far. Minus the one month I’ve been writing on Circles Under Streetlights. It’s lovely to have friendly peeps dropping by and I hope to see a lot more of you as our blogs grow :)
Secondly, 15 bloggers…it’s going to be tough – as I said, I’ve only been at this for four weeks – but let’s see how many we get to.
Dancing in Dark Rooms – I’m starting to suspect that I don’t much like poetry. Or that I don’t like much poetry. But I like DIDR’s poems.
Truth and Cake – brutally, engagingly frank musings from a smiley woman and some cracking photos to boot.
Berit Ellingsen – purely beautiful writing from a woman with a brilliant imagination.
100 Words Today – less is more on this blog full of literary snippets
Reality in Progress – disarmingly open and honest writing
Lisa Vooght – prolific flash fiction and short story writer over at Blogspot (but we’ll forgive her)
Kellie Elmore – halfway between a fiction blog and a sweetshop – lots of lovely photos and snippets to pick and mix.
Kate Bachus – I loved her first for her post about lego. Now I love her for her sarcasm and wit. And feministy-ness.
Two-legged Animal – a bit of everything I love. Mostly books. Lots of interesting links and a great voice.
OK, so I’m hoping you’ll forgive me – that makes nine blogs rather than 15. I don’t want to go nominating everyone on my list just yet (she says, as though awards will be a weekly thing!), but these are a few gems I thought you’d enjoy.
And finally, seven things about me:
1) I’ve had a crush on Tommy Lee Jones for years. To this day, I have no idea what possessed me to develop it. And to this day, I’m not 100% sure it’ll ever go away.
2) I got annoyed with a classmate when I was seven, so I hid her pink furry coat down the back of a fire extinguisher. The teacher found it eventually and asked the culprit to own up. I never did.
3) I’ve read the Twilight books countless times. They act as a mental laxative, clearing my brain and reminding me that I, too, can get published and become a millionaire.
4) Travelling makes me sad. I’m reminded of all the lives I’ll never live and the thought of life continuing as it always did once I’ve left a place panics me. I feel the same way about all the places I’ve lived.
5) Before starting this blog, the last time I tried writing fiction was when I was 15. I wouldn’t show my brother what I was writing because I was too shy, so he told my dad I was writing “rude stuff”. My dad ordered me off the computer and the two of them sat there, read everything and laughed. I deleted it all.
6) I was the housekeeper in a convent and pilgrims’ centre for two years while I was doing my A-Levels. When I left to go to Uni, a convicted murderer living under a new identity took over my job. She’s still there, from what I know.
7) I know the film Labyrinth almost by heart – I did an A-Level English project on the language used in it, which had nothing to do with the fact that David Bowie is a beautiful, beautiful man.